If you identify as a woman/non-binary and are of any age, and want to get trained and get a job in software development at one of the leading global Telco companies, CFG and BT have partnered to run this life-changing programme to help you get there.
What is this programme about?
- A free full-time training programme run from November 2018 to the end of February 2019, which will take you from a coding beginner to the level of a junior software developer.
- A guaranteed interview for a job in a BT Technology team on successful completion of the course. The jobs would commence in March 2019 (please read the "important information" section below for full details).
- Includes a strong project-based rather than test-based learning and evaluation approach. Our aim is to get you to the place where you have not only gained new skills but have a portfolio of work to show what you're capable of.
Who is this programme open to? If you...
- Identify as a woman or non-binary
- Are over the age of 18 on the 1st July 2018
- Don't have a degree in software engineering/computer science**
- Want the opportunity to work in a software developer role at a high profile and innovative company (BT have the capacity to potentially hire every candidate who joins the programme) ...then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Code First: Girls alumni and community members are absolutely encouraged to apply!
*Additional module run for successful job offered candidates in March 2019
** If you already have a software engineering/computer science degree, BT would love to talk to you directly! Please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cv or LinkedIn profile link and we will connect you to them.
What's in it for you?
- Free (yes free!) 4-month intensive coding and digital boot camp, with a guaranteed interview for a role at BT on successful completion of the programme.
- he 4-month programme will be run at the BT HQ in London, with the job teams based at a variety of locations across the UK and Ireland.
- An opportunity to really get to know BT, so that when you are considered for a job, you already have a feel for the company, your colleagues, and the work you will be doing.
- The chance to learn alongside 30 other fantastic women who are going on the same journey as you.
- Includes support from CF:G instructors, and BT personal development mentors, with an inclusive and human approach to training and career development.
- Training delivered by fantastic CF:G instructors who are subject matter experts and already part of the CF:G community. These are individuals who believe strongly in our mission to help get more women in to tech.
Please note, applications close on the 30th July 2018.
Application timeline (subject to change):
-- 12th July - 30th July: Applications open
-- 31st July - 13th Aug: BT/CFG Programme team longlisting and shortlisting, and shortlist candidates invited to a telephone screening
-- W/C 6th Aug : Shortlisted applicant telephone/skype screenings with programme team to commence. Please note that this may change due to the volume of applications.
-- 20th Aug - 30th Aug: Notification to successful applicants!